Wednesday, September 16, 2009

But You Didnt by Stan Gebhardt

This is Taken from Chicken Soup For the Soul.this poem is about father and son.the son wants his father attantion..but...see what he got..this is touchy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at you the other day

I thought you'd see me but you didn't

I said "I love you" and waited for what you would say

I thought you'd hear me but you didn't

I asked you to come outside and play ball with me

I thought you'd follow me but you didn't

I drew a picture just for you to see

I thought you'd save it but you didn't

I made a fort for us back in the woods

I thought you'd camp with me but you didn't

I found some worms 'n such for fishing if we could

I thought you'd want to go but you didn't

I needed you just to talk to, my thoughts to share

I thought you'd want to but you didn't

I told you about the game hoping you'd be there

I thought you'd surely come but you didn't

I asked you to share my youth with me

I thought you'd want to but you couldn't

My country called me to war, you asked me to come home safely

But I didn't.


xxoo,Allegraaa

0 Screams: